BLIZZARD BAG ASSIGNMENTS
Blizzard Bag days will be announced when the weather forecast predicts a major storm. High school Blizzard Bag assignments are directly linke
curriculum. This means assignments will only be posted online the day prior to an anticipated absence. Blizzard Bag assignments will be linked to course competencies.
All Blizzard Bag assignments are due within two school days of the day of the absence.
Late assignments will not be accepted after two school days. Students will receive a zero for assignments not submitted within two days of Blizzard Bag day. Please contact the Executive Director to appeal extenuating circumstances.
Blizzard Bag assignments will count as a formative assignment. Blizzard Bag day assignments will not be recorded as a test or a quiz.
ACCESS TO INTERNET
Students who do not have access to the Internet must request hard copies of the Blizzard Bag assignments from their teachers.
Teachers will respond to all email within an hour during the school day. (Pending no emergencies) Please be reminded that the school day does end at 3:00 pm and that late email may not be replied to until the next day.
Student will receive real time corrections and instruction through Google Classroom/Drive.
Course Title: Pre-Algebra/Algebra 1A/Algebra 1B/ Algebra 2
- Log into their ALEKS account on a Blizzard Bag Day to complete Time and Topic Exercises.
- Each student must complete 4 topics for the day. Quick Tables will be counted as additional credit for the day or a substitute for one topic
Email me how many topics you have completed.
Course Title: Life Science
- Find a current article within the Unit we are currently working in
- Read article throughly
- Write-up should have three parts
- Write five vocab words from the article
- Write word and definition
- Write a one paragraph summary of article
- What did they find?
- How is this new science?
- Who was doing the research?
- Use facts to back up summary
- Write a one paragraph opinion
- Why you chose this article?
- What is interesting about it?
- Are there any ethical concerns?
- Any additional thoughts or comments on it.
Complete write up in a google document with all relevant questions addressed. Email me a copy of the article summary or share via google drive
Course Title: Computer Science Discoveries
Choose one of the two assignements below
- Go onto the internet and go to hour of code https://code.org/learn
- choose one of the topics to do
- Work on one of the topics
- Email me how many topics you complete
Work on the lesson we are currently in:
Go to Code.org
- Log in using our class code and your secret words
- Complete the current unit we are in
- Email me what you completed in that unit
Feel free to email me with any questions you might have, as I would be happy to answer them in a timely manor. After you have completed your work, email me with a list of all completed work