The Administration, Faculty and Staff of Ledyard Charter School share one goal: to educate each student by capitalizing on his or her individual strengths.
The Learning Community at Ledyard Charter School will strive to:
- discover meaning in every experience, endeavor, act, and challenge;
- build and maintain relationships, which are crucial in the development of every person;
- appreciate and embrace work not for grades but as a means to understanding, discovery, awareness, empathy and the rewards that are reaped from stretching oneself;
- harness our personal strengths to make a positive impact on the world;
- understand that Education serves as a gateway for life long success;
- unearth and create the means to better ourselves and the lives of others ~ oppose prejudice and intolerance, empowering ourselves and our communities with the knowledge that we can achieve more together, and that each person is valuable;
- teach as we learn, welcoming the community into the fold as we strive to better our lives for ourselves, those in the Upper Valley, and citizens around the globe; and
- live adventurously, as did our namesake, John Ledyard, who spent four months living (and learning) among the Iroquois as a college ambassador.
The Ledyard Charter School Board of Trustees is comprised of ten members of the Upper Valley who are committed to the success of LCS by serving to uphold the mission of the school and act as the responsible agents for school and state accountability requirements.
2016-17 LCS Board of Trustees:
- Chris Rhim, Chair
- Evan Leary, Treasurer
- Elizabeth Bailey, Esq., Secretary
- Dr. Michael Harris
- Dr. Martha Magagna-Parker
- Dr. Lauren Morando-Rhim
- Steve Zuckerman
- Travis Bill
- Thea Crawford
- Eric Janisch
LCS Board Meeting Dates for 2016-17 School Year
Executive Board meetings are held at LCS and are open to the public. Come join us !!! They are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (dates subject to change).
- August 9, 2016
- September 13, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- November 8, 2016
- December 13, 2016
- January 10, 2017
- February 14, 2017
- March 14, 2017
- April 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017
Below is a link to our Board Minutes page, which contains both Draft and Approved Minutes.
Mr. John Higgins
Executive Administrative Assistant
English & Art Teacher
Ms. Wendy Tucker
Social Studies & Physical Ed Teacher
Math & Science Teacher
Career Vocational Coordinator
Neil Castaldo, Esq.
Academic Transition Coordinator
Linda Addante M.D., M.Ed
Para-Educator (Behavior Coach)